Saturday, November 10, 2012

Nail Tutorial: Nightmare Before Christmas

Ok, I know that Halloween is long gone, but fall has just started! I figured it would be okay to post this.  I had done this nail tutorial before Halloween, but I ended up posting the Room Decor before. Also, I found this by watching a tutorial from CutePolish on Youtube.  You can watch it too! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qhe2j1SyUQ

Let's get started!

Steps:

1. Clean off any nail polish you may have on.  If you don't have any on, it's still a good idea to clean them.



2. Get out the colors.  You'll need a precision brush for a black nail polish, white nail polish, and a clear topcoat.
Topcoat: Sally Hansen "Clear'd For Takeoff"
Black Precision Brush - Milani Nail Art
White Polish: Sinful Colors "White As Snow"



3. Apply your topcoat to protect your nails from chipping and getting colored.

4. Apply the white polish evenly over all of your nails.



5. Use your black precision brush to create stripes on all of your nails except for your ring finger.  This will be Jack's shirt. Don't worry if you get any on your skin, I did and you can just go back with a Q-tip and some nail polish remover.



6. Next, on your ring finger, create oval eyes, slits for the nose, and large smile across the bottom of your nail.  Then, add stitching to the smile.  You just made Jack's face!



7. Apply your topcoat again over the dry design to seal it in, help it last, and have a gorgeous shine.


This design is very simple and easy! Hope you enjoy and thanks for reading!

xo,
Daphne






























2 comments:

  1. This look awesome!
    I've nominated you for Liebster Blog Award, I love your tutorials =)
    You can find out more about it here
    http://paper-n-sort.blogspot.sg/2012/12/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you! I feel very honored:) I will be happy to answer any questions you provide for me as the nominee:)

      Delete