Saturday, October 20, 2012

Nail Tutorial: Festive Pumpkin Face

 This nail design was inspired by my obsession: my little pumpkin!  You will see in this tutorial that I show my pumpkin in every picture!  You can find one just like it at any grocery store, but I found mine at Kroger.  Anyways, I hope you enjoy!

Steps:


1. Find a hard surface that won't get damaged if you spill nail polish.  Then, make sure to take off your old nail polish, or if you don't have any on, it's good to clean them.



2.  Apply any fast-drying clear-coat.  This helps reduce chipping, and also helps your nails from coloring.  I used Sally Hansen Complete Manicure in Clear'd For Takeoff.



3. Get out any color of orange nail polish.  I love neons, so I went for my ColorClub polish in the shade Lava Lamp.



4. Apply your orange polish to each of your nails.



5. Wait for your nails to dry.  After they have, grab a black polish.  It is easier if you use a thin brush, so recommend doing so! I used Milani Nail Art with Precision Brush in black.



6. Next, draw two straight lines near the top of your thumb.  You can choose what nail to put the face on, but I like to use my thumb because it is bigger and easier to draw on.



7. Next, draw a diagonal line from one side of the line to the top.  I know this sounds confusing, so I hope this picture will help!



8.  Draw the other line, and then fill in the triangles.  You have just made the eyes for your pumpkin face!



9. Go to the bottom of your nail.  You can create any mouth shape you want, but I just went for the classic jagged/triangle shaped mouth.



10.  The last step I took to making the face was adding a nose.  I just used the same technique I used on the eyes.



11. For the finishing touch, add a clear topcoat to seal in your design and help the design last.


xo,
Daphne



























No comments:

Post a Comment